Thursday, April 28, 2011

Good bye home*

I am not going to list down all the things I found out like this post couple of years back. Because this move has completely different meaning this time.

Last night was the last time I slept at the same place I came to home after my birth. Today was the last time I had breakfast at the place I learnt how to eat. Today was the last time I locked the door, where I learnt how the keys looked like. It was the door where I managed to break my toe nail, and it still has those marks.

There are so many memories associated to this place, even if I want to write them all, it would take couple of days before I can finish this post. I haven't lived at this place all my life, but yes, significant part of my life was spent here. Or the part I most cherish of my childhood was spent in this apartment. It was later one when we moved to a bigger place, my uncle with his family moved in. It is the place where I lived with my grand parents, I do miss grand dad at times.

I made a video yesterday, moving very quickly around the building and of the apartment for which my siblings will appreciate me, yet the thought of not being able to come back to this place physical makes my heart dips. They will soon be demolishing it, as by today's standards it looks old and is not required, but for some the memories of this place will remain forever.

At this moment there is something stuck in my throat, I  am not sure what is it and how it will go away. I don't know why certain things have to be the way they are.




8 Comments:

Blogger Roshni said...

it's called a lump in your throat..you got emotional =[ ..This post reminded me of a postsecret I read once.

Sun May 01, 03:57:00 pm GMT+3  
Blogger Tauqeer said...

Yes I guess I did... :)

Thanks for dropping by anyhow.

Mon May 02, 09:46:00 am GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh.. yes sometimes somethings shd not be the way they are but they are.. n learn to live with them eventually.. thick skinned humans :(

Wed May 11, 05:45:00 pm GMT+3  
Blogger Tauqeer said...

Hmmm

Thu May 12, 08:44:00 am GMT+3  
Blogger Aporia said...

There's something so, so beautiful about how tragic goodbyes are. I would strongly suggest you write about this as soon as you can, for as long as you can before the extreme sense of loss diminishes into a consistent dull ache.

Tue Jun 07, 08:40:00 pm GMT+3  
Blogger Tauqeer said...

@Aporia: I hope I don't have to say many good byes! yet I kind agree with what you said ...

Welcome to my blog though :)

Tue Jun 07, 08:47:00 pm GMT+3  
Blogger Anaa said...

Good byes are no good thing,I agree .
You are saying good bye to your house not home as you are taking it with you in your memories ,the best place to keep good things.
Thanx for missing my not so good posts :)

Sun Jun 26, 07:27:00 am GMT+3  
Blogger Tauqeer said...

Anaa: Good to see you back :)

Sun Jun 26, 08:49:00 am GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home