Friday, July 10, 2009

Back to basics.

It's been almost 21 years since I last slept in this room. I have actually moved backed to this apartment as of today. I am bit excited, thrilled, sad, and missing my family and the old days. I have lots of happy memories related to this apartment as this is the first place I was brought to live in after the local hospital. It was back in 80's when things were slow as same was the case around this place as well. Since advent of strange modernisation idea of building high rise buildings and owning vehicles more than people on this planet has obvious affects on this neighbourhood as well. It is not as calm and peaceful place I can ditch from my deep memories. Those days, the bright sunlight was always an invitation to go out of the flat and have some fun! not as of now where I do try to shy away from direct sunlight and prefer to stay in air condition as much as I can. Things are not same, I am not a very young inquisitive child who is always asking questions, not that I do not anymore or my dad does not respond to them but of course the nature of subjects under scrutiny has been changed by this change in years.

At the moment I am sitting alone with my laptop and some Hindi movie on TV. I have just arrived back from airport, dropping off dad and uncle for Lahore. My happiness and pleasure of staying at this place is not for long, as only today we received a notice to vacate the place as they want to demolish and build up a high rise, almost a similar scenario all over this region. For this notice thing, I am not feeling down at all, I am taking it as my fate, at-least I will have a chance to stay for a while, what bothers me is the hassle to find a new place, which is a big nightmare for a bachelor to get decent place.

Wish me luck:)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Meher said...

How about not remaining a bachelor? :O Good luck!

Mon Jul 13, 06:27:00 am GMT+3  
Blogger Tauqeer said...

lol yeah right!

Mon Jul 13, 09:40:00 am GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home